– – –
Our Applications EasyMail and WunderMail were created with a high privacy standard in mind.
Data from your Gmail account is processed and stored on your PC only.
However, a very limited data set of Google user data will be used outside of your PC for the following services:
- Delivery of push notifications
- Showing of avatars
– – –
Last updated: June 30, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Interpretation and Definitions
- Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
- Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
- Data protection provisions about Our Applications WunderMail and use of Google user data
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Data protection regulations
- CCPA & CPRA
- Our Facebook Fan Page
- Children’s Privacy
- Other Websites and Services
- How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
- Contact Us
1. Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to WunderApps GmbH, Lohmühlenstraße 65, 12435 Berlin, Germany. For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named “EasyMail” or “WunderMail”
- Website refers to Our web pages like EasyMail accessible from easymailforgmail.com and WunderMail accessible from wundermail.app
- Service refers to the Applications and Websites and other digital properties provided by the Company.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Facebook Fan Page is a public profile named EasyMail for Gmail specifically created by the Company on the Facebook social network, accessible from https://www.facebook.com/EasyMailforGmail
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
2. Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Address, State, Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- IP Address
We may collect information that Your device or browser sends us whenever You visit or access Our Services, or when You interact with a Services (“Usage Data”).
This data may include, but is not limited to, information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), operating system version, browser type, browser version, the Property You interact with, the pages that You visit, the time and date of Your visit to those pages or Properties, the time spent on those pages or Properties, unique device identifiers, and
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology Data
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
3. Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Visual Studio App Center
Visual Studio App Center tracks (anonymously) how many users are using a particular version of our Applications. It helps us to put the number of crash reports in relation to the usage of a particular version. Furthermore, we use Visual Studio App Center to anonymously track the usage of our apps and its features. Visual Studio App Center does not collect any Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Their servers are located in the United States and operate under Microsoft Azure Service Agreement. Visual Studio App Center is owned by Microsoft and their applicable data protection provisions may be reviewed under https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/PrivacyStatement .
We may use Service providers to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service.
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us. Further information about Our newsletter subscription process and which data we collect for this purpose can be found in paragraph 5.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You. These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message
Usage, Performance and Miscellaneous
We may use third-party Service Providers to provide better improvement of our Service.
4. Data protection provisions about Our Application WunderMail and use of Google user data
Accounts are added to Our application WunderMail using OAuth authentication. OAuth is a secure mechanism which gives WunderMail access to Your Google account data without letting it know Your password. This token is valid during Your use of WunderMail and is saved locally on Your PC. If you reinstall WunderMail, You’ll be prompted to re-authorize WunderMail for each Google Account using OAuth.
Our application WunderMail is a mail client especially designed for the usage of Gmail. It allows the user to read and order his mails. Moreover, the user is able to create, send or delete mails. Therefore, the WunderMail app syncs the recent messages of the authorized user’s mailbox. The syncing of the user data happens directly from the local client with the Gmail API. There is no third party involved. Therefore, the data from the Gmail account will be processed and stored by the app on the local device only.
Here, the following applies in particular:
- The App will only use access to read, write, modify or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- The App will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- The App will not allow humans to read this data.
For a few features of the WunderMail app, it is necessary to transfer a very limited data set of Google user data to Our servers. The following paragraphs are describing which data will be used and why:
- In order to show push notifications, the WunderMail app subscribes to Google webhook events. These events are created by the Google Pub service every time a change in Your mailbox is detected. The event data contains no personal information except Your email address. In order that such an event is recognized by the app, we have to forward the Google Pub webhook event to the Windows Notification Service. During this process no further data like mail content is transferred. Moreover, the forwarded event data only informs the local app on Your PC that it must start a direct sync with the Google API.
- In order to show avatars for the mail senders, the app does send a request for an avatar to one of our webservers hosted on Heroku. The request is encrypted and instead of the full email adress it does only contain the domain name of the mail sender. Moreover, the request is done anonymous and its content will not be logged by us.
- In the case You are opting in for the newsletter, we use the Google user data to store Your email address and name only. Further information about the newsletter subscription can be found in paragraph 5.
5. Subscription to our newsletters
You can sign up to Our newsletter either through our Website or Our Applications. In Our Applications EasyMail and WunderMail You are given the opportunity to subscribe to Our newsletter after adding an account.
Our newsletters are used by Us to inform about Our Services and may contain information of commercial or promotional nature concerning Our Services. Our newsletter may only be received by You if (1) You have a valid e-mail address and (2) You register for the newsletter shipping.
To register for the newsletter via our Applications EasyMail and WunderMail, You must have the particular checkbox enabled. The checkbox will be prompted to You in the app after successfully adding Your first account one of the apps.
With the registration for the newsletter, we store personal information of You. If You register via Our Websites this personal information includes Your email address. If You register via our Applications this personal information includes Your email address, name, country, language preference, date of last app usage and application license state. This information will also be updated again when You start Our Applications. The collection of this data is necessary in order to keep the newsletter for You as relevant as possible.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send Our newsletter. In addition, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by e-mail, as long as this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in question, as this could be the case in the event of modifications to the newsletter offer, or in the event of a change in technical circumstances. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the data subject at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the data subject has given for shipping the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time directly by communicating this to the controller.
We use Pepo Campaigns to manage and send our newsletters. For more information about Pepo Campaigns please check section 3.
6. Data protection regulations
6.1 GDPR Privacy
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We or our Service Providers may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom, please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA or the United Kingdom.
6.2 Your Rights under the Colorado Privacy Act (CPA)
If you are a resident of Colorado, you have the following rights under the CPA:
- Right to Access, Correct, or Delete: You have the right to access your personal data, to request that we correct inaccurate personal data, and to delete your personal data under certain circumstances. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a portable and readily usable format.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the processing of your personal data for targeted advertising purposes, the sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CPA rights.
6.3 Your Rights Under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA)
If you are a resident of Virginia, you have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we have collected about you during the past 12 months, including the categories of personal data; the categories of sources; the business or commercial purpose; the categories of third parties with whom we share personal data, and specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you.
- The right to delete personal data we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions in the VCDPA.
- The right to opt out of our sale or sharing of your personal data.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the VCDPA.
6.4 Your Rights Under the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA)
If you are a resident of Connecticut:
- You have the right to request the specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you in the past 12 months, including the categories of personal data, the sources from which the personal data was collected, the purposes for collecting or selling the personal data, and the third parties with whom we share personal data.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal data.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal data.
- You will not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights under the CTDPA.
6.5 Your Rights Under the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA)
If you are a resident of Utah:
- You have the right to request access to the personal data we have collected about you in the past 12 months, including the categories of personal data, the sources of personal data, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal data, the categories of third parties with whom we share personal data, and specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal data.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal data.
- You will not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights under the UCPA.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided in this policy. We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your requests.
7. Our Facebook Fan Page
Data Controller for the Facebook Fan Page
The Company is the Data Controller of Your Personal Data collected while using the Service. As operator of the Facebook Fan Page (https://www.facebook.com/EasyMailforGmail), the Company and the operator of the social network Facebook are Joint Controllers.
The Company has entered into agreements with Facebook that define the terms for use of the Facebook Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Facebook Terms of Service: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
We use the Facebook Insights function in connection with the operation of the Facebook Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about Our users.
For this purpose, Facebook places a Cookie on the device of the user visiting Our Facebook Fan Page. Each Cookie contains a unique identifier code and remains active for a period of two years, except when it is deleted before the end of this period.
Facebook receives, records and processes the information stored in the Cookie, especially when the user visits the Facebook services, services that are provided by other members of the Facebook Fan Page and services by other companies that use Facebook services.
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
9. Other Websites and Services
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
10. How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
Our Services do not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
12. Contact Us
c/o Factory Works GmbH
To comply with our obligations under EU data protection legislation, we have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is contactable using the details provided above.
To comply with our obligations under the CPA, we have appointed a Colorado Privacy Act Contact who is contactable using the details provided above.